Gedik Eraksoy Avukatlık Ortaklığı (Gedik & Eraksoy) values your privacy and cares about the way in which your personal data are treated.
- what personal data we collect about you;
- collection method and legal basis;
- transfer of your personal data;
- how we protect your personal data; and
- your rights regarding your personal data.
What personal data do we collect about you?
Gedik & Eraksoy may collect and process your personal data as data controller when you contact us or share your personal data through our website, when you engage us for legal or other services or as a result of your relationship with our staff and clients. The personal data that we may process are as follows:
|Basic data||Basic data includes your name, the company you are working for, your title or position.|
|Contact data||Contact data includes your postal address, email address and phone number.|
|Technical data||Technical data includes information about materials and communications we send to you electronically.|
|Financial data||Financial data includes payment-related information.|
|Data provided by you||This may include (i) your personal data provided by you as part of our business acceptance processes, (ii) your personal data provided by you when we provide legal or other services, (iii) your personal data provided when applying for job positions, and (iv) access and dietary requirements when you attend meetings, events and webinars.|
Collection method and legal basis
- Legal and other services: We collect information from you as part of our business acceptance process and in the course of providing legal services in order to fulfil our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims. We process identification and background information as part of our business acceptance, finance, administration and marketing processes, including anti-money laundering, conflict, reputational and financial checks. We will also process personal data provided to us by or on behalf of our clients for the purposes of the work we do for them.
- Events and webinars: We gather data about you when you provide them to us, or interact with us directly, for instance when engaging with our staff or registering for one of our digital events and webinars, including receiving legal updates, publications and details of events.
Transfer of your personal data
Gedik & Eraksoy cooperates with other law firms worldwide. In order to provide our services, we may need to transfer your personal data to locations outside Turkey provided that you explicitly give consent to such transfer.
How we protect your personal data
We use a variety of technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with the Data Protection Law and any other applicable data protection laws.
Gedik & Eraksoy’s document management and email systems comply with the internationally recognised security standard BS ISO/IEC 27001:2013. This is an independently verified certification that information security is managed in line with best practice.
Your rights regarding your personal data
The Data Protection Law provides certain rights for data subjects. You are entitled to:
- be told whether your personal data are processed or not;
- request information if your personal data have been processed;
- be told the purpose of such processing and whether your personal data are used in compliance with the purpose;
- be informed of the third parties to whom your personal data are transferred in Turkey or abroad;
- request rectification of any incomplete or inaccurate data;
- request deletion or disposal of your personal data and to request third persons to whom your personal data are transferred to be notified of such deletion or disposal;
- object to negative results about you, that have arisen from the analysis of your personal data solely by automated systems; and
- claim compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of your personal data.
Get in touch